Countertops Engineered Quartz Stone
Engineered quartz stone products offer the perks of natural stone and are an ideal countertop option. Engineered quartz stone combines the natural quartz with epoxy resin binders to create a virtually indestructible material that does not require sealants. Since it is not technically 100% stone, it is often referred to as "engineered quartz stone". Engineered quartz stone provides the look of natural stone, with added durability and a non-porous nature making it practically stain-free, as well as consistent in color and hygienic. Engineered quartz stone products are offered in many colors.
Benefits of Engineered Stone Countertops
- The unique combination of quartz and resins makes engineered stone nonporous and resistant to heat, scratching, stains, chemicals, molds and bacteria.
- Engineered quartz stone will not chip and fracture during everyday use.
- Retains a high-polished luster and never requires sealing.
- Easily cleaned with warm, pH neutral soapy water.
- Resembles natural stone that has a more consistent pattern and color meaning your countertop will look like the sample you picked out.
- An engineered stone can be made to look like granite, marble, travertine, concrete, and other natural stone.
- Slabs are fabricated into countertops with edge profiles that range from simple bevels to bull nose and ogee.
- Engineered stone, made of quartz, resists scratches from objects such as stainless steel knives, ceramic pots, and mugs.
- Engineered stone counters are resistant to heat from hot plates of up to 350 degrees. However, it is still recommended that you the use heat dispersion products such as hot pads.
- Engineered quartz stone will not stain from oil, fruit juices, acids, liquid food coloring, wine, soda, nail-polish remover, felt-tip markers and most common household cleaners.
- Colors, patterns and textures available are constantly expanding. Some patterns resemble natural stone and others offer bright variations of orange, red, blue, green, and yellow.
- Fox Tops All quartz product offerings include DuPont Zodiac®, HanStone® and Staron®.
- Manufacturers normally offer a 10-year warranty.
Challenges of Engineered Stone Countertops
- Engineered quartz stone countertops lack the natural and unique color and pattern variations that are offered with natural stone such as granite and marble. Some of these variations are called "beauty marks" and flowing veins, known as the "movement" of the stone.
- Chopping, cutting and more on quartz will dull knives - cutting boards are recommended.
- Visible seams may appear along the front edges and in the top of the countertop due to engineered stone being installed in solid slabs.
We service Charlotte NC and the Greater Charlotte NC areas, Mooresville NC, Lake Norman NC, Statesville NC, Concord NC, Davidson NC, Huntersville NC, Kannapolis NC, Mecklenburg County NC, Rowan County NC, Catawba County NC, Lincoln County NC, Gaston County NC, Union County NC, Cabarrus County NC, York County SC, Winston Salem NC, Wilkesboro NC, North Wilksboro NC, Blowing Rock NC, Boone NC, Banner NC, Elk NC, Linville NC, West Jefferson NC, Jefferson NC, Lenoir NC, Hickory NC, Morganton NC, Asheville NC, Mount Airy NC, High Point NC, in fact, we service North Carolina Statewide! We also service South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Ohio. If you don't see your area here, call us anyway! If we don't service it, we'll recommend someone who does!
We also do Floors!
Thinking of going one step further and installing new floors? Our Fox Floors, LLC showroom is only a few doors down!
Visit Fox Floors